15 Easy Ways To Revive A Room
This online article list 15 ideas on how to revive a room Behnam Rugs and Rug Cleaning especially likes the idea of having your fine rugs handwashed to refresh and restore your room or purchasing fine handmade rugs to revive a room.
Looking for a quick or inexpensive way to refresh a room? There are quite a few things you can try that will turn a lifeless room into a vibrant new place to hang out. Here are my favorite 15 ways to do it:
2. Replace accent furniture. Hopefully you invested the money in your furniture budget wisely and spent it on the big pieces you want to keep for a long time like couches, beds, dining room tables and entertainment centers and skimped a bit on the side and end tables. So buy new ones or switch their positions to refresh the overall look of a room.
Bring in your measurements and Behnam Rugs and Rug Cleaning can match your room with a perfect handmade rug from around the world or if you have fine rugs let us hand wash them the Traditional Persian Style way By Hand at our Grand Show Room and Washing Facility in Dallas. 4. Add crown molding. This elegant touch will really finish off any room, particularly if it feels boxy.
5. Add a built-in. While this project might be a bit over-the-top if you’re looking for a quick way to touch up a room, if you have a small room and reasonable ambitions, a built-in shelf or entertainment center can really add a new dimension to the room, or change the focal point.
6. Bring in art. If you don’t already have some artwork on the walls, over a mantle or sitting on a bookshelf, now is the time to invest. Artwork makes a statement about the room and brings visual attention to space that would otherwise be bare.
7. Replace lighting. Whether it’s changing light bulbs, lamp shades or adding a completely new light fixture, switching up the lighting can make a big difference in the overall look of your room. Try adding new sources of light to brighten it up.
8. Re-cover fabrics. If you’ve got old or dated fabrics, try out a seat cover that takes your seat in a whole new direction. Also try reupholstering a dining room table chair or getting duvet covers for your bedding.
9. Rearrange. This is probably the easiest and cheapest way to quickly change the look of a room. Map out your arrangement first to make sure walking paths are still clear and all furniture will fit in your new plan.
10. Declutter. This is also an easy and cheap way to instantly spruce up a room. Whether it’s that unopened mail, stacks of paper or too many knick knacks, many rooms could benefit from a good decluttering. The less stuff you see, the better you’ll feel about your space. (For good ideas on how to get rid of clutter, check out my e-book, “The Clutter Collector”.)
11. Hang curtains. Curtains can add color, personality and a little drama to a room. And if you already have curtains, try hanging them higher than the window to create a larger-looking room.
12. Reframe photos. If you have a collection of photographs proudly displayed in a couple of different types of frames you’re not so proud of, replace them with the same type of frame, and unifying your look.
13. Add new pillows. Changing up your pillows in the bedroom or living room can really alter the look of the room. Pillows are frequently used as accent pieces that pull colors together or give a room a bold pop but they’re beloved because they’re relatively cheap and still functional.
14. Bring in a plant or fresh flowers. Adding some greenery into a room not only provides some fresh color but can also bring a little bit of the outdoors indoors, which is a welcome change on a dreary winter day.
15. Swap room accessories. Do you collect candelabra? Maybe you have really great twisted wood candle holders in your bedroom and geometric metal ones in your living room. Swapping them could add a little variety and texture to both rooms and may inspire a few other accessories swaps. Reusing what you already own in different ways is the best way to revive a room on a budget.
Ilyce Glink is an award-winning, nationally syndicated real estate columnist, blogger and radio talk show host, and managing editor of the Equifax Finance Blog. Follow her on Twitter @Glink.
Please Contact Behnam Rugs and Rug Cleaning for more tips to keep your rug looking healthy and lasting a long time.