Rug Pads by Behnam Rugs Dallas
Posted: January 22, 2019 by Rassin R.
Rug pads by Behnam Rugs Dallas. What is a rug pad? A rug pad is a material that is placed over a surface and under a rug. Rug Pads come in different sizes,thicknesses, material, and for different functionalities. Many rug pads are made for different purposes. Rug care is essential. Rug pads for floor types such as, hardwood, laminated, tile, ceramic, natural stone flooring, and carpets.It is vital to keep rugs in place especially when a rug is placed on top of a carpet. Stability and safety is always the number one in all interior planning and design.
Rug cleaning Dallas by Behnam Rugs provides expert oriental rug cleaning Dallas, rug care services-repair, pet stain removal Dallas, silk rug wash, and rug restoration services for your rugs. Rug Care starts with Rug Pads, know your floor type and buy the right rug pad for your special handmade Persian Rug.
Rug Pads for Floor Type:
We have about four main floor types:
- Hardwood floors
- Laminated floors
- Stone Tile floors
- Other type floors
- Carpet floors
Rug Pads for Different Functions:
Rug pads for different functionalities. There is not one universal rug pad that is used for all kind of floors. Each floor has unique characteristic. To place a rug on a surface entails planning, yet, more important safety. Rugs without rug pads crawl and wrinkle due to movement of knots.
- Non-Slip rug pads are rubbery with a mesh pattern that air flows through and it gives the rug and floor a good grip.
- Cushion rug pads are thicker and provide an extra comfort to larger area rugs.
- Non-slip and Cushion rug pads are thick and provide additional grip and cushion for most rugs
- Soundproof rug pads provide sound barrier between rug and floor, yet, best used in apartments to reduce sound to penetrate through floors.
- Waterproof rug pads are designed such that will prevent liquid to penetrate to the floor.
Rug Pads are Made of:
- Natural rubber is free of plasticizes, adhesives, and glue.
- Recycled Felt pad is free of plasticizes, adhesives, and glue.
- Felt and Rubber is made of 22 oz of felt and 16 oz of non-washable rubber per square yard with a heat fused face. The bottom layer has rubber for a better grip
- Memory Foam is made of 100% viscos-elastic fibers.
- Go-Between padding is a layer of think foam that has light adhesive compound on each side and sticks to two surfaces. It goes between the rug and floor. Best used on carpets.
Depending on what kind of rug you will be placing on what type of floor, you must choose the right rug padding to prevent slipping and movement. Before using your new rug pads, rug cleaning/rug washing is recommended. It is advised to use rug pads under all rugs. Safety should be your number one concern. At Behnam Rugs we explain the type of rug pads and suggest which will be best for your floor type. We also suggest you get your rug washed through organic rug cleaning, before using it at your home. Rugs are perfect for collecting dust and pollen. It is advised to wash your rug every 3 to 5 years. If your rug is placed at a high traffic area, you might want to get your rug washed sooner. We use traditional hand-washing methods on your fine oriental rugs and use organic shampoos and city water. We also use our special organic shampoos for animal soils and repair. Call us for your free rug pick-up and delivery within the DFW area! If you have other concerns, please click here. Call us at 972-733-0400 for a free, no-obligation quote.