Rug Pads by Behnam Rugs Dallas
Posted: January 22, 2019 by Rassin R.
What is a rug pad? It’s a material that is placed over a surface and under a rug. Pads come in different sizes,thicknesses, materials, and have different functionalities. Many are made for different purposes. Rug care is essential. Rug pads work for floor types such as hardwood, laminate, tile, ceramic, natural stone flooring, and carpets. It is vital to keep rugs in place, especially when a rug is placed on top of a carpet. Stability and safety is always the number one priority in all interior planning and design.
Behnam Rugs provides expert oriental rug cleaning, rug care services, repair, pet stain removal, silk rug washing, and rug restoration services for your rugs. Rug Care starts with rug pads. Know your floor type and buy the right pad for your special handmade Persian rug.
Rug Pads for Floor Type:
We have five main floor types:
- Hardwood floors
- Laminated floors
- Stone Tile floors
- Other type floors
- Carpeted floors
Pads for Different Functions:
There is no one universal pad that is used for all kind of floors. Each floor has unique characteristics. To place a rug on a surface entails planning, and more importantly, safety. Rugs without pads crawl and wrinkle due to movement of the knots.
- Non-Slip pads are rubbery with a mesh pattern that air flows through and gives the rug and floor a good grip.
- Cushioned pads are thicker and provide extra comfort to larger area rugs.
- Non-slip and cushioned pads are thick and provide additional grip and cushion for most rugs
- Soundproof pads provide a sound barrier between rug and floor, and are best used in apartments to reduce sound penetration through floors.
- Waterproof pads are designed to prevent liquid from penetrating to the floor.
Rug Pads are Made of:
- Natural rubber that is free of plasticizers, adhesives, and glue.
- Recycled felt pads free of plasticizers, adhesives, and glue.
- Felt and rubber made of 22 oz. felt and 16 oz. non-washable rubber per square yard with a heat fused face. The bottom layer has rubber for a better grip
- Memory Foam is made of 100% viscose-elastic fibers.
- Go-Between padding is a layer of thin foam that has a light adhesive compound on each side and sticks to two surfaces. It goes between the rug and floor and is best used on carpets.
Depending on what kind of rug you will be placing and the type of floor, you must choose the right padding to prevent slipping and movement. Before using your new rug pads, rug cleaning/rug washing is recommended. It is advised to use rug pads under all rugs. Safety should be your number one concern. At Behnam Rugs we explain the type of pads and suggest which will be best for your floor type. We also suggest you get your rug washed by organic rug cleaning before using it at your home. Rugs are perfect for collecting dust and pollen. It is advised that you wash your rug every 3 to 5 years. If your rug is placed in a high traffic area, you might want to get your rug washed sooner. We use traditional hand-washing methods on your fine Oriental rugs and use organic shampoos and city water. We also use our special organic shampoos for animal soiling repair. Call us for your free rug pick-up and delivery within the DFW area! If you have other concerns, please click here. Call us at 972-733-0400 for a free, no-obligation quote.