Rug Pads by Behnam Rugs Dallas
Posted: January 22, 2019 by Rassin R.
What is a rug pad? A rug pad is a material that is placed over a surface and under a rug. Rug pads come in different sizes,thicknesses, materials, and have different functionalities. Many rug pads are made for different purposes. Rug care is essential. Rug pads work for floor types such as hardwood, laminate, tile, ceramic, natural stone flooring, and carpets. It is vital to keep rugs in place, especially when a rug is placed on top of a carpet. Stability and safety is always the number one priority in all interior planning and design.
Rug cleaning Dallas by Behnam Rugs provides expert oriental rug cleaning, rug care services, repair, pet stain removal, silk rug washing, and rug restoration services for your rugs. Rug Care starts with rug pads. Know your floor type and buy the right rug pad for your special handmade Persian rug.
Rug Pads for Floor Type:
We have about four main floor types:
- Hardwood floors
- Laminated floors
- Stone Tile floors
- Other type floors
- Carpet floors
Rug Pads for Different Functions:
There is no one universal rug pad that is used for all kind of floors. Each floor has unique characteristic. To place a rug on a surface entails planning, and more importantly, safety. Rugs without rug pads crawl and wrinkle due to movement of the knots.
- Non-Slip rug pads are rubbery with a mesh pattern that air flows through and give the rug and floor a good grip.
- Cushion rug pads are thicker and provide extra comfort to larger area rugs.
- Non-slip and cushion rug pads are thick and provide additional grip and cushion for most rugs
- Soundproof rug pads provide a sound barrier between rug and floor, and are best used in apartments to reduce sound penetration through floors.
- Waterproof rug pads are designed to prevent liquid from penetrating to the floor.
Rug Pads are Made of:
- Natural rubber that is free of plasticizes, adhesives, and glue.
- Recycled felt pads free of plasticizes, adhesives, and glue.
- Felt and rubber made of 22 oz of felt and 16 oz of non-washable rubber per square yard with a heat fused face. The bottom layer has rubber for a better grip
- Memory Foam is made of 100% viscose-elastic fibers.
- Go-Between padding is a layer of thin foam that has a light adhesive compound on each side and sticks to two surfaces. It goes between the rug and floor and is best used on carpets.
Depending on what kind of rug you will be placing and the type of floor, you must choose the right rug padding to prevent slipping and movement. Before using your new rug pads, rug cleaning/rug washing is recommended. It is advised to use rug pads under all rugs. Safety should be your number one concern. At Behnam Rugs we explain the type of rug pads and suggest which will be best for your floor type. We also suggest you get your rug washed through organic rug cleaning before using it at your home. Rugs are perfect for collecting dust and pollen. It is advised that you wash your rug every 3 to 5 years. If your rug is placed in a high traffic area, you might want to get your rug washed sooner. We use traditional hand-washing methods on your fine Oriental rugs and use organic shampoos and city water. We also use our special organic shampoos for animal soiling repair. Call us for your free rug pick-up and delivery within the DFW area! If you have other concerns, please click here. Call us at 972-733-0400 for a free, no-obligation quote.