Behnam Rugs has been performing rug cleaning by hand since 1978. Our process is safe for silk and antique rugs, all done by trained professionals at our Dallas facility. We also offer services for all types of rugs: Shag, Pakistani, Egyptian, Chinese, Persian (Iran), Indian, Dhurrie, Egyptian, and Chinese rugs.
If you have a different type of rug that needs rug repair and restoration, do not hesitate to call us.
At Behnam Rugs Dallas, rug cleaning a hand-knotted rug is a multi-step process designed to maximize efficiency and effectiveness to preserving the rug:
- Pre-cleaning treatment for existing stains
- Hand-washing method using organic shampoo, brushes, and paddles to remove most types of soil from the rug
- Minimum 3 times for surface (front) rug wash & rinsing for each wash and for back of rug; 3 times rug wash & rinsing; total of 6 times washing of rug front and back
- Deodorization using enzyme bath to address unpleasant odors from pet urine, smoke residue, or other sources
- Drying in flat surfaced area; no machine during the process at all
- Final inspection
- Grooming to set the pile in its original direction, straighten the fringe, and final vacuum to remove any small debris (if any)
To schedule pickup or for any inquiries, call us at 972-733-0400.